A guide to selecting the best custom wheel gift
Custom wheel gift giving can be quite a shopping challenge. One of the best ways to make sure that you do not give the wrong custom wheel gift is to do some research first.
Here are some tips from WheelKraft NW on custom wheel gifts for any occasion.
How much should I expect to spend on a custom wheel gift?
This is one of those questions that really has no specific, universal answer. Think about the following questions when creating a budget for custom wheels as a gift:
- How large are the wheels on the car in question?
- Is the driver getting the gift going to go off road or drive in a way that might cause wheel damage?
- Is there a specific style of wheel that the recipient wants?
- Will that style fit on their car?
If you do not know any of the answers to these questions, ask a wheel expert for help.
What do I need to know about tires, wheels or cars before shopping for a custom wheel gift?
You do not have to be an expert on wheels, tires or cars in general. If you can be sly and get the wheel measurements without the driver knowing, your wheel gift can be quite a welcome surprise.
You will need to know:
- Wheel size (online tools can help you find this with the make, model and year of the car)
- Tire size (look on the side of a tire)
- Performance requirements for the driver
This last question refers to what type of driving you expect the vehicle in question to go through. If the driver has a large truck they use for work, putting chrome spinners on that truck is probably a waste of money. Similarly, a lowered or raised vehicle may require a change in tire size.
Where should I shop for custom wheel gifts?
Online shopping can help find great prices. However, it is usually best to shop for new wheels at an actual store. You can ask experts for their advice, make sure that the sizes are right and schedule an installation.
Learn more about custom wheel gift ideas by getting in touch with the experts at WheelKraft NW today!